4-5 Weeks Before Your Move
Apartment or condo
If you live in an apartment or condo complex, contact your property or building manager and inquire about scheduling your move date and time. Certain buildings may have date and/or time restrictions as to when moving can be done.
Are you set?
Contact your personal Move Counselor and schedule your move date – it is always easier to change your move date than to reschedule at the last second.
Fill out a US Postal change of address form.
Odd and ends
- Close any local charge accounts.
- Notify insurance companies of your move and transfer all insurance on your home and possessions.
- Contact utilities for disconnection or transfer and possible refunds. Since you will want to have your utilities still connected on moving day, arrange to have them disconnected after you are moved out.
- If necessary, arrange for a babysitter to watch your children on moving day. You may need someone to keep your children occupied so that they remain safe during the loading process.
- While sorting through your belongings, remember to return anything else you have borrowed.
- Remember to collect items that are being cleaned, stored or repaired.
Contact The Move Advocate
Like The Move Advocate on Facebook!